Government House's popular Open Days return for 2014. The Governor-General, Lt Gen The Rt Hon Sir Jerry Mateparae, and Lady Janine Mateparae will open their home to the public on Friday 28 February and Saturday 1 March.
The Open Days will be an opportunity for the public to view the House and grounds at leisure. There will be entertainment on Saturday and people are welcome to bring a picnic.
Please note the following:
- First entry at 10am, last entry to the House at 4pm, on both Friday 28 February & Saturday 1 March.
- Please enter on foot through the Basin Reserve entrance. Government House is located at 1 Rugby St, Wellington.
- There is no parking on site but limited parking at Wellington College (gold coin donation).
- Consider using public transport. Several bus routes pass the Basin Reserve, including the No 1, 3, 23, 43, 44
- Golf carts will be operating to assist people with mobility issues.
- No food or drink is allowed in Government House but you are welcome to have a picnic on the lawn. There will be stalls on site for those who wish to purchase food and drink.
- Please note that for the health and safety of all visitors and to avoid congestion, baby buggies cannot be admitted to the House.
- Security scanning will be operating.
- Government House and Grounds are a smokefree environment.