Their Excellencies, The Governor-General The Right Honourable Dame Patsy Reddy and Sir David Gascoigne, will host the Bledisloe Garden Reception to mark the 178th Anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi.
The Reception will be held at Government House Auckland, on Tuesday 6 February 2018 at 4.00pm.
What you need to know:
• You will require your invitation card for admittance to Government House Auckland grounds. Please note invitations are non-transferable.
• Government House Auckland is located at 119 Mountain Road, Epsom.
• On the day of the reception gates will open at 4.00pm and the Governor-General speaks at 4.30pm. The Garden Reception will conclude at 6.00pm.
• There is no parking on the grounds of Government House. Parking will be available at Auckland Grammar School, 55-87 Mountain Road, Epsom.
• Guests who will be dropped off by car or taxi are asked to disembark at the Mountain Road entrance to Government House.
• It is a 5 minute walk from the gate up a sloped driveway to reach the event. If you require any mobility assistance or have any other personal needs for this function please notify the Functions Coordinator – details below.
• Smoking is not permitted in the grounds or buildings of Government House.
• All personal items will need to be carried as there is no coat check.
Dress code is day wear: Tidy clothing – no jeans, jandals, shorts or sneakers please. We support sun safe practices and hats are encouraged.
Protocol points to note: Their Excellencies prefer to have conversations with their guests and we ask that you do not request personal photos/selfies. Introductions to Their Excellencies will be facilitated in small groups by Government House staff where possible. Other photography is permitted throughout the event, and Official Government House photographs will be available for free download on the Governor-General’s website.Feel free to share your photos on social media, the hashtag for this event is #bledisloe2018.
On presentation to The Governor-General, the correct formal address is “Your Excellency” in the first instance, and subsequently “Ma’am” (rhymes with “jam”). For Sir David Gascoigne, the first address is “Your Excellency”, followed by “Sir” in later conversation.
Cancellation of the Bledisloe Garden Reception will only take place in extremely adverse weather conditions. Updates will be posted on the Governor-General’s website: www.gg.govt.nz, the Governor-General’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/GovernorGeneralNewZealand. and the Governor-General’s twitter account: @GovGeneralNZ
In the event of cancellation Government House accepts no responsibility for costs incurred relating to travel or accommodation. We must advise there is no provision for the Garden Reception to be held on an alternative day.
Any queries on the day please call Government House Auckland, 09 638 6015.